After just over a month of blogging, I have been kindly nominated for the Liebster Award by newbie blogger Jo over at Say Cheesy Cake. I would like to thank her for the nomination!
For those of you who are unaware, the Liebster Award is a blogging award that has been going around the blogging world for some time now basically designed to get to know newbie bloggers a little better. Being the nosey person I am, I am always keen to learn more about others and share some info about myself at the same time. Please feel free to take a look at some of my answers below.
The rules are simple:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate other bloggers for the award that have fewer than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions (or less) for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
So here go my answers:
So here go my answers:
1. What made you start your blog?
My best friend Jo has been blogging for some time now. I have watched as she started her blog with little knowledge of the blogging world slowly build it in to the rather successful blog that it is today. I was keen to start my own blog for some time but I never quite got around to it. If the truth be known, I did not have a clue what I was doing just never did anything about it. After a few helpful hints and tips from Jo, I started my blog and it is currently a "work in progress".
2. What is your favourite makeup brand and why?
I am a fully qualified VTCT Level 3 Make Up Artist and have a HUGE range of make up in my kit. I think that over the years I have pretty much tried most brands in various products. It is my honest opinion that I do not have a favourite brand as such. I like certain items by certain brands but I would never just stick to one brand. For example, I have clients who tell me that they only want MAC make up, but I rarely end up only using MAC products. In terms of my item I could not live without, it would have to be Maybelline Volum Express mascara. I have tried so many different mascara's over the year but I always end up going back to that one. It does not clump or run and makes your lashes look great.
3. What is your favourite cosmetic shop and why?
Again, as above, I do not have a favourite. Some of the cheaper brands sell brilliant products, as do some of the more expensive brands. I am always willing to give anything a go. I have pencils in my kit that cost £1 from Superdrug and they are brilliant - the are so easy to apply and the colour is great. They are also suitable for both eyes and lips. The most expensive does not always equal the best.
4. What is your favourite sandwich?
My absolute favourite sandwich is tuna melt. The sandwich shop local to my place of work sells these and it is tuna with Cajun spice, red onion, three cheese and mayo. Okay, not so great for the waistline but most definitely tasty!
5. What is your dream vacation destination?
Having not been on holiday abroad for a few years now, I would quite happily go anywhere that offers a bit of sun right now! I would love to go to Egypt and visit the pyramids, I would also love to go to India and see the Taj Mahal. My ideal holiday would be relaxing on a Caribbean island doing nothing but watching the world go by.
6. Do you bake and if yes, what do you bake?
I do not bake very often but after my Mum buying me a Grandma's Best Recipes book one Christmas I did bake a coffee cake and a carrot cake and they were delicious. The book was great as it had all tradition recipes in it. I always intend to spend more time in the kitchen baking and trying out new things but I never seem to get round to it with one thing or another.
7. Who is your role model?
Most people say celebrities, but I say my Mum. She really is an inspiration to me and I will always be thankful to her for the sacrifices she made in her life to give my brother and I a brilliant childhood and upbringing.
8. What's in your makeup bag?
I recently wrote a post-titled Handbag Essentials, I think that answers this question pretty well.
9. What apps are on your phone?
The current apps on my phone are Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Whatsapp, Timehop, Blogger, Bloglovin, EBay, Amazon, YouTube, InstaCollage, PicassaUp, PS Express, MoreBeaute2, Candy Crush, Farm Heros Saga, Emoji Free, BBC News, Liverpool Echo, Natwest, Scottish Power Your Energy, My EE, Arriva Ticket, Allpay, Avon, Detox Guru, Driving Test Theory, and the Highway Code.
10. What's your secret volumizing hair product?
I love the VO5 plumping powder, but I also could not live without my back comb brush. I am forever backcombing my roots!
11. What's your favourite snack?
I think that I may well be addicted to crisps! I cannot help but eat them. Give me crisps over chocolate any day!
Now that I have answered my questions from Jo, I now nominate the following bloggers to answer my questions as below:
- Yetti Coker
- Caroline Farmer
- Christina Hughes
- Prashin Unadkat
- Laura Chambers
- Give It A Go Mum
- Taylor Russell
- Sarah Howe
My questions to you are:
1. If I were going to buy you a present for £10, what would be the greatest thing I could get you?
2. If you could buy anyone lunch, who would it be and why?
3. Which film do you wish you were the main character in?
4. If you had to run a business, what would it do?
5. When you are eighty, what do you want to be able to say that you have achieved?
6. Where do you feel most at home?
7. What is the bravest thing you have ever done?
8. If you could hug anyone right now, who would it be?
9. What is the best thing about you?
10. What possession means the most to you?
I look forward to reading your answers fellow newbies x